- Diagnose and treat various disorders both elective and emergencies
- Manage ophthalmic conditions, taking into account both Medical and Psychological aspects of patients care.
- Perform necessary diagnostic procedures and clinical tests. Interpret results, determine treatment plan, and discuss with patient. Collaborate with other specialists, including diabetologists, Neurologists, ENT and Maxillofacial surgeons, Pediatricians etc.
- Coordinate preoperative evaluation. Perform local anesthesia and surgical procedures. carry out surgical procedures and direct nurses in procedures for preoperative and postoperative care and in operating room techniques.
- Manage ophthalmological services. Formulate plans and procedures for ophthalmological services.
- Documents cases prepare and preserve medical records in order to refer cases in the future.
- Perform administrative work such as managing day to day office supplies and patient appointments. Advise on kind and quantity of ophthalmological supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate ophthalmological services with other medical activities. Instruct inters and Residents in Ophthalmological procedures. Serve as consultant in Ophthalmology.