Professor and Head Department of Community Medicine, Sir J.J. Group of Hospitals, Grant Government Medical College.
- M.D. (Preventive & Social Medicine): April 1981. Government Medical College, Nagpur
- M.B.B.S.-October 1976. Government Medical College, Nagpur.
Professor: Grant Government Medical College Mumbai: December 2001-Till date.
National & International trainings in: HIV/AIDS & Anti- Retroviral Therapy,Research Methodology,Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative,Evaluation of National Health Programs,Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illnesses.
- Nodal Officer- Regional Geriatric Centre, National Program for Health Care of Elderly, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India
- Nodal Officer- Vaccination Centre, Sir J.J Group of Hospitals
- Co-ordinator for National Rural Health Mission/ State Health Systems Resource Centre
- Co-ordinator for Government of Maharashtra, Health Programs Evaluation, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare & Government of India
- Co- Principal Investigator in Longitudinal Aging Survey in India (LASI)
Over 20 international and national publications in peer reviewed journals.
Areas of Speciality:
Health Education, Counselling, Immunisation, Geriatrics, Programme Implementation.